When a pressure control valve is placed in a such manner that it will actuate the operation in a sequence one after another, it is called as sequence valve .
It is spool operated valve in which internal pilot line is used to build up pressure to actuate the sub circuit in a sequence.
Construction And Working
- The sequence valve consists of spring loaded spool, setting screw knob, valve body with inlet port, port for sub circuit and drain port.
- The internal pilot line is provided to operate the spool. Drain is provided for any internal leakage of oil.
- This valve is mainly placed in the oil path of two actuators where sequence is desired. When the first actuator completes it operation, the oil will flow towards the inlet of the sequence valve.
- It will enter in the pilot line and exerts a pressure from bottom side of the spool. The spool moves upward when sufficient pressure is build up and connects inlet port to the subcircuit port to supply oil to the another actuator.
Example of sequence operation
- In this exmple, there are two operations first one is clamping of job with hydraulic cylinder and second one is drilling in work piece. The sequnce valve is used to actuate sequence of clamping and drilling.
- In this first clamping is done by hydraulic cylinder and it hold workpiece firmly, then buildup pressure will open the sequence valve and rotates the hydraulic rotor for drilling.
- Sequence valve can be used for movement of material from one location to another location.
- It is used for machining and clamping of workpiece.
- Sequence valve are commonly used in pressure dependent sequencingcircuits.
Which valve is used to perform two operations in sequence?
What is the function sequence valve give its example?
Sequence valves control the sequence of operation between two branches in a circuit; that is, they enable one unit to automatically set another unit into motion. An example of the use of a sequence valve is used for machining and clamping of workpiece.
What is the difference between a sequence and counterbalance valve?
Sequence valves always have an external drain connected directly to tank. Counterbalance valves are internally drained, except when used in some regeneration circuits.
Why do we use sequence valves?
Sequence valves can be used to sense pressure (port 1) in one circuit and then open and supply oil to a secondary circuit (port 2) at a predetermined pressure.
What is sequential valve?
A sequence valve is a pressure valve designed to open when its set pressure is reached, providing a path of flow alternate and sequential to the primary circuit.
- If you want to video on this topic, then click below link
- What is sequence valve and how it work ?